Date: 18 May 2009
- You only have to take your insulin injection or tablets according to your meal schedule. During the period when you are fasting, Do Not inject insulin or eat tablets.
- Sickness can cause your diabetes to go out of control.
- Continue taking your normal dose of insulin or tablets. You must do home blood glucose monitoring when you are ill. Inform your doctor if there is rise in your blood glucose - you may need to increase your insulin or medication dose.
- Drink plenty of water.
Travelling (on tour or going on pilgrimage)
- Consult your doctor before you begin your journey
- Bring enough insulin or tablets
- Eat regular meals and drink plenty of water